Having a pool is one of the great Australian dreams. A pool offers opportunities for exercising, relaxing, and socialising with family and friends. But nobody wants to jump into icy cold water. And no homeowner wants to invest in a pool, only to be able to use it for a dozen days a year! There are many cost-effective and high-performing heating solutions available, including gas heating solutions. Gas pool heating gives you the option to extend your swimming season and enjoy your pool year-round.
This article outlines the advantages of installing gas pool heating. Contact the Supreme Heating team today for personalised advice on which heating solution is best for your pool.
What is Gas Pool Heating?
A gas pool heater allows you to use your pool comfortably regardless of the weather. Some other styles of pool heaters take a long time to heat up or rely on the sun. Gas pool heaters are the fastest way to warm up your pool or spa, and they can be installed alone or in addition to solar or an electric heat pump.
How Does a Gas Pool Heater Work?
Gas pool heaters work by using either natural or LP gas. The gas burns and heats copper coils, and then the water runs through and warms up before heading back into the pool. All that with just a press of a button!
What are the Benefits of Installing Gas Pool Heating?
Gas pool heaters are a great choice if you’re looking for:
- Fast heat up. When you have a lunchtime BBQ planned, switch on the heater in the morning, and it’ll get to your desired temperature before the sausages do! It will heat your pool to the selected temperature at the touch of a button.
- Year-round heating. Solar pool heating relies on external weather factors, making it difficult to operate in cooler months or on cloudy summer days. With a gas pool heater, you can access pool heating in any weather!
- Lower overall costs. Gas pool heating technology is reliable, often with generous warranties and low maintenance requirements. They also cost less upfront than other styles of pool heaters.
- Small, compact design. Solar panels are an excellent pool heating option but can be unsightly or even impossible for smaller homes.
- Fast installation. Not only do they heat up your pool quickly, but gas pool heaters are also quick to install. Plan your pool party for the day after installation!
Important Considerations About Gas Pool Heating
- The Size of Your Pool and Gas Pool Heater
It’s important to remember that the size of your pool and the size of your gas heater plays a role in overall performance. If you use an undersized pump on your pool, you may be underwhelmed with the heating results. That’s why it’s recommended to consult a pool heating professional and find a gas pool heater that suits your unique needs. They’ll consider your pool’s size, location, desired pool temperature, and other key factors to match you with the right pool heating system.
- Using a Pool Cover
To maximise pool heating performance and efficiency, it is essential to incorporate the use of a pool cover with your gas pool heater. The pool cover prevents too much heat from escaping, meaning your pool can heat faster and stay warmer for longer. This is the reason why you see covers on most spas.
Is Gas Heating Right for my Pool?
If you’re looking for a quick way to heat your pool on any day of the year, gas pool heating is a great option. Gas pool heaters work fast and efficiently, allowing you to make the most of your pool any time you want, no matter the weather.
At Supreme Heating, we have a selection of top-of-the-range gas pool heaters, and our friendly team would love to help you take advantage of your backyard investment. View our range of gas pool heaters.
Give us a call today on 1300 787 978 to find out more about the award-winning gas pool heating solutions we have to offer.